I am a researcher at Inria (Institut national de recherche en informatique et en automatique) in France. I am currently in the Perception Team of Radu Patrice Horaud in Grenoble. Before, I was a postdoc in the Flowers team of Pierre-Yves Oudeyer located in Bordeaux.
I did my PhD in the Neural Computation Unit of Prof. Dr. Kenji Doya at the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST). Before my PhD, I did a Bachelor and a Master degree in Cognitive Science at the University of Osnabrück in Germany. During my studies, I visited the Chuo University in Tokyo for a semester abroad and OIST for a research internship.
Before my academic education I did a three-year vocational training to be a certified software developer in a German company. I also worked as an independent software developer during my undergraduate studies.
- (Mar 2020 - ongoing) - PostDoc in the Perception Lab of Dr. Radu Patrice Horaud, INRIA
- (Nov 2018 - Feb 2020) - PostDoc in the Flowers Lab of Dr. Pierre-Yves Oudeyer, INRIA
- (Sep 2013 - Sep 2018) - Research Student Assistant in the Neural Computation Unit of Prof. Dr. Kenji Doya, OIST
- (May - Aug 2013) - Lab Rotation in the Human Developmental Neurobiology Unit of Prof. Dr. Gail Tripp, OIST
- (Jan - Apr 2013) - Lab Rotation in the Ecology and Evolution Unit of Prof. Dr. Alexander Mikheyev, OIST
- (Sep - Dec 2012) - ab Rotation in the Quantum Dynamics Unit of Prof. Dr. Denis Konstantinov, OIST
- (Nov 2010 - Apr 2011) - Research Intern in the Neural Computation Unit of Prof. Dr. Kenji Doya, OIST
- (Mar - Sep 2010) - Research Assistant in the Neurocybernetics Group of Prof. Dr. Frank Pasemann, University of Osnabrück
- (2012 - 2018) - PhD (Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Kenji Doya), OIST
- (2009 - 2012) - Master of Science in Cognitive Science, University of Osnabrück
- (2006 - 2009) - Bachelor of Science in Cognitive Science, University of Osnabrück
Other Professional Experience
- (2007 - 2009) - Independent Software Developer
- (2001 - 2004) - Vocational Training as a Certified Software Developer